Government Contractor Specializing in Marine and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and high yield Explosives Defense Adds Two Experienced Leaders to Board of Advisors
Retired Vice Admiral Richard Brown and Former Naval Sea Systems Command Executive Director Jim Smerchansky to Help Lead ITL Solutions
HAMPTON, Va. – (May 4th, 2022) — ITL Solutions, a government contractor in the marine engineering and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosive (CBRNE) verticals announces the appointment of two new board members. Retired Vice Admiral Richard Brown will serve as board chair, while former Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Executive Director Jim Smerchansky joins as an at-large member.
“We are very pleased to have Rich and Jim advising the strategic growth plans for ITL Solutions. Both bring a wealth of knowledge to ITL on U.S. Navy operations and acquisitions,” said ITL Solutions CEO William Guglielmo. “This Board of Advisors is a group with a truly unmatched skill set which will enable us to better support U.S. Department of Defense customers across the globe.”
Brown and Smerchansky official joined the ITL Solutions board of advisors in April 2022.
Brown brings more than 35 years of experience in operational transformation to ITL Solutions. He currently serves a number of positions, including:
- President of Siren Consulting, an operational and leadership consulting firm
- Senior Advisor to Scopa Industries Corp. LLC, a preeminent defense company located in Saudi Arabia
- Member of the Board of Advisors for Jacksonville JetPort at Cecil Spaceport, the gateway to Northeast Florida at Cecil and the premier FBO at the area’s largest airport serving all military, corporate, and private flying needs
- Advisor to the President at the Marymont Group, a globally retained executive search firm
- Member of the Board of Advisors for Sequoia Holdings, LLC, a premier provider of cloud migration, application development, and software engineering services
- Principal at Deep Water Point, a provider of comprehensive consulting firm offering insight into a bid program’s mission drivers and risk issues that shape government decisions
- Special Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer, Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA)
For more than 35 years, Brown served in the U.S. Navy, last holding the position of
Commander, Naval Surface Forces / Naval Surface Force U. S. Pacific Fleet – Vice Admiral, USN. He also worked as:
- Deputy Chief of Naval Personnel / Commander, Navy Personnel Command – Rear Admiral, USN
- Commander, Carrier Strike Group ELEVEN / NIMITZ Strike Group – Rear Admiral, USN
- Executive Assistant, Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs)
- OPNAV N3/N5 Branch Head
- Commanding Officer, USS GETTYSBURG (CG 64)
- PERS 410, Navy Personnel Command
- Commanding Officer, USS THE SULLIVANS (DDG 68)
“I am extremely honored to join the ITL team. ITL has established an outstanding reputation within the maritime and CBRN sectors, and I look forward to helping the company grow and increase capability to its customers and partners. ITL’s leadership team and employees are the best of the best, and I am grateful to join these superb professionals,” said Brown.
Smerchansky is currently executive vice president of Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), a thought leader on disruptive solutions that accelerate the delivery of warfare capabilities. Prior to IDT, he served as executive director of Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and executive director of Marine Corps Systems Command.
Smerchansky retired in December 2020 from the Senior Executive Service after completing over 35 years of dedicated service as a Department of the Navy civilian. He also served as:
- Executive Director of the Marine Corps Systems Command which designs, builds, and maintains everything a Marine wears, shoots, drives and uses to communicate
- Chief Engineer of the Marine Corps
- Director of Technology Development and Transition in Program Executive Officer: Integrated Warfare Systems, one of the Navy’s acquisition offices which develops and sustains Combat and Weapon Systems for all Navy Surface Ships.
- Deputy Executive Director for Undersea Technology at the Naval Sea Systems Command
- Science and Technology Advisor to the Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet in Pearl Harbor, Hawai’i – an operational Command which advances Indo-Pacific regional maritime
security and enhances stability in the Pacific.
“I’m really excited to be joining the ITL Board of Advisors. ITL has a unique mix of capabilities that will be of tremendous value to either Department of Defense prime contractors or government acquisition organizations,” said Smerchansky.
Also leading ITL Solutions is President Frank Guglielmo. Frank Guglielmo is a Senior Executive Service (SES) IV (ret.) from the U.S. Department of Justice. After retirement from the Department of Justice, he served as a senior vice president at Perot Systems Government Services overseeing the company’s homeland defense lines of business. Prior to joining ITL, Frank Guglielmo was President of Federal Resources, a major distributor of defense equipment and resources.
ITL Solutions plans to expand the company’s military distribution business, services capabilities and engineering and manufacturing services, all of which Brown and Smerchansky will help facilitate.
About ITL Solutions
Founded in 2012, ITL Solutions provides equipment and services to federal, state and local government agencies and contractors in marine engineering and CBRN Defense to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The ITL Solutions staff has more than 55 years of experience supporting military and government operations. The team consists of former active duty service members, federal employees, and contractors who provided direct support to the U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force and other federal, state, and local agencies including the Departments of Commerce, Justice, Energy, Labor, and Homeland Security. ITL Solutions is a certified ISO 9001:2015 company and a CVE Verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). To learn more about ITL Solutions, visit https://itl-solutions.com/.